Sunday, October 31, 2010

Death By Chicken

Let me tell you this story.

I'm at work, cleaning panini grills. I scrape a steaming hot piece of chicken off the grill; it lands in the small gap in my shoe where the tongue had been shifted slightly. This chicken then burns through my sock (which was fairly thick) and leaves a blister on the top of my foot.

There was little I could do about the damn chicken at the time except scream and try to shake the meat off out of my shoe.

Finally, I was able to go into the back, away from customers, and tend to my wound. I was pissed when I saw the blister.

This scenario provoked the thought that I would never want to be burned to death. However, if someone were to light me on fire, I would rather just die then survive that horror.

The end.


No comments:

Post a Comment